Every year Killer Fashion proudly turns pink in October, to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
This is a global awareness campaign to encourage women to get breast checks, to encourage fundraising & awareness events, to learn more about breast cancer and to help those who have been diagnosed with this cancer in any way possible. Founded by Evelyn Lauder in 1992, the BCA campaign has raised over $89 million worldwide.
Here in Ireland, the Irish Cancer Society have launched another year of Pink October awareness with their campaign Cups Against Cancer with Centra, and you can help too! Organise your own charity tea & coffee morning, or via text. Donating is very easy, just text PINK to 50300 to donate €4 to the Irish Cancer Society (some network charges may apply additionally).
Use #TimeToEndBreastCancer and #CupsAgainstCancer to join in on the social media conversation and help out when & where possible!
With everything going on this year, it’s harder for the charities. I’m happy that the Vhi Women’s Mini Marathon 2020 took place in October, as this year I’m doing multiple 10kms and fundraising for ARC Cancer Support Centre.
You can help me achieve my little fundraising goal by donating here!
I’m always vocal about why I support such charities, not only because they do wonderful work and research for cancer patients, but also because of my maternal family history – both my Mam and Mama Be (grandmother) had breast cancers when they died. Therefore I have been and always will be very passionate about helping and furthering cure developments so fewer people lose their loved ones too soon.
This October, make your fashion purchases really count by choosing those that will benefit and donate proceeds to breast cancer charities. Below are the top pink fashion, makeup and beauty products, which are part of this year’s Breast Cancer Awareness campaign.
- ghd helios™ Professional Hair Dryer in Powder Pink, €166 // Available at ghd Ireland // €10 from every sale of the ghd powder pink collection goes to Irish Cancer Society
- Look Good Feel Better Luxury Make Up Brush Set, €27 // // Available at Marks & Spencer // 100% of the retail price is donated to Look Good Feel Better Ireland
- Look Good Feel Better Antibacterial Brush Sanitiser 50ml, €12 // Available at Marks & Spencer // 100% of the retail price is donated to Look Good Feel Better Ireland
- Look Good Feel Better Complexion Sponge, €8.25 // Available at Marks & Spencer // 100% of the retail price is donated to Look Good Feel Better Ireland
- Estée Lauder Limited Edition New Advanced Night Repair Serum 50ml with Pink Ribbon Bracelet, €95 // Available at Debenhams Online // 20% of retail price is donated to Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- SOSU Breast Cancer Lash False Eyelashes, €5.95 // Available at SOSU and select pharmacies // All profits from each lash sale will be donated to Breast Cancer Ireland
- Aveda Breast Cancer Awareness Limited Edition Cherry Almond Hand Relief, €29 // Available at Aveda // For every purchase, Aveda will donate $5 of the price to cruelty-free research through the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and the National Breast Cancer Foundation in Australia
- Vans Breast Cancer Awareness Baby T-shirt, €26 (was €40) // Available at Vans // Percentage of the proceeds will be donated to CoppaFeel
- Lindi Skin Face Wash, €25 // Available at Marie Keating Foundation // 15% of the proceeds of this purchase will go to the Marie Keating Foundation
- Pink Golf Umbrella, €10 // Available at Grafton Barbers // Percentage of the proceeds will be donated to the Marie Keating Foundation
- Skechers Gowalk 5 and GoRun Fast, €74 // Available at Skechers Stores nationwide (while stocks last) // For every pair sold, €5 will be donated to the Marie Keating Foundation
- Jo Harpur Jewellery ‘Dream’, ‘Hope’ and ‘Love’ Necklaces, €65 each // Available at Jo Harpur Jewellery // 5% of the sales for month of October are donated to the Marie Keating Foundation
- Ruby and Oscar Pink Sapphire Cancer Awareness Ribbon & Heart Pendant Necklace in Sterling Silver, €103 // Available at Ruby and Oscar
- Dresses.ie Pink Collection, various prices // Available at Dresses.ie // 10% off all pink sales are donated to to Breast Cancer Ireland
- Breast Cancer Ireland Pink Barrier Face Masks, €15.30 for Pack of 3 // Available at Breast Cancer Ireland // 100% of retail price is donated to Breast Cancer Ireland