There are less than seven days’ sleep until Christmas Day, and if you are in need of a few last-minute gifts then do read on! Sometimes you may have a loved one that’s that little bit hard to buy for, they may have everything, or they may not want very much – and that’s where experiences come in. These are the kind of gifts you can purchase online, write into a Christmas card or design a fun e-card and worry no more.
From spoiling your parents or in-laws to a fancy dinner out, to food or drink hampers for your siblings and their families. Or perhaps you are on the lookout to really treat your significant other with a day at the spa or around a circuit in a sports car, if so, I have over 20 gift experiences to help with the last-minute Christmas panic.
Dinner for Two
- Dinner for Two in The Saddle Room Restaurant at The Shelbourne Hotel, €100: Enjoy a sumptuous three-course Table d’Hote dinner for two in the luxurious The Saddle Room Restaurant at The Shelbourne Hotel in the heart of Dublin.
- Champagne Afternoon Tea for Two at The Westbury Hotel, €104: Sink back into a sumptuous sofa and enjoy a Dublin institution: Afternoon Tea at The Westbury. Taste all likes of delicious cakes, finger sandwiches, with your choice of tea or coffee.
- Voucher towards Lunch, Dinner or Cocktails at Fade Street Social, from €50: The options at Fade Street Social are endless, with their restaurant, tapas bar, cocktails bar and winter garden which all serve food and tasty drinks. Spoil someone with this great gift this Christmas!
- Three Course Dinner with Wine for Two at Brasserie Sixty6 via TheTaste, €60: Give the gift of dinner and allow them to have a romantic night out or catch up with friends while enjoying some delicious food, tempting cocktails all in this trendy restaurant. This three-course meal for 2 includes a bottle of house wine and is available 7 days per week. (Valid February 29th 2019)
- Two Course Lunch or Dinner for Two at The Cliff Townhouse via TheTaste, €55: Experience 2 Courses at The Cliff Townhouse for Two People. Serving brilliantly executed Dublin classics, the Cliff Townhouse restaurant menus are equally suited to a three-course celebration or a light bite in the middle of the day. (Valid until January 29th 2019)
- Dine in Dublin Vouchers, from €10: Take on the whole of DublinTown with their unique Dine in Dublin Vouchers, which you can use in more than 40 restaurants & bars.
Food & Drink Hampers
- The Irish Hamper at Dollard & Co, €165: This family inspired hamper is filled with delicious warming treats sourced locally in Ireland. It includes a bottle of Moneir Blackberry Wine, Lismore Shortbread, Dalkey Mustard, Burren Balsamics and Mileeven Honey, as well as lots of Dollard & Co. goodies including their signature mug, Popsy Daisy Popcorn, Cocoa Atelier Chocolates and the classic Chocolate Square. Alongside a selection of other tasty treats including cheeses, chutneys and oatcakes, this hamper will sort out any Christmas table this season.
- The Signature Hamper at Dollard & Co, €500: If you can afford to really splash the cash and want to spoil someone, or better a group of them, with the ultimate luxurious hamper, then this is the one! Filled with a selection of alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks to suit all taste buds including a Château La Coste Wine Duo, Dublin’s Roe & Co Whiskey, Tanqueray 10 Gin and Louis Roederer Champagne, Dollard & Co. cheese-board, Irish Chutney, Wexford Marmalade & Brandy Butter along with Pandora Bell Sweets, Cocoa Atelier Almonds, chocolates and lots more.
- Simply Better Taste Of Christmas Hamper at Dunnes Stores, €100: Enjoy a variety of Irish goods from the Simply Better range. This hamper includes All Butter White Chocolate & Raspberry Cookies, Mince Pies and Cranberry & Chocolate Mince Pies, Limited Edition Irish Gin Christmas Pudding, Vanilla and Salted Caramel Fudge Bars, among even more – perfect for anyone this Christmas.
- The Christmas Delight Hamper at Fallon & Byrne, €185: This luxurious hamper includes a number of excellent products from around the country and abroad including Fallon & Byrne Homemade Christmas Pudding, Loison Classic Panettone, Normandie Camembert Cheese, Hadji Bey Turkish Delight, Ko-koa Christmas Pralines, Champ De Fleuret, Prosecco La Jara, and more.
Spas and Salons
- Velvet Package at The Buff Day Spa, €225: Enjoy a pamper day that features a Swedish Massage, Spa Manicure, and Dermalogica Spa Custom Facial. (Allow 3.5 hours)
- The Buff Day Diva at The Buff Day Spa, €335: Experience pamper heaven with the Voyager Massage Journey, Voya Express Sea Mineral Scrub, Spa Manicure, Organic Fabulous Feet Pedicure, choice of Dermalogica Spa Custom Facial or the Voya Anti-Aging Restoration Facial and complimentary use of the Sauna & Tranquility Room, plus a complimentary and tasty lunch! (Allow 5 hours)
- Secret De Douceur at Fifth Avenue Beauty Emporium, €140: Take a break with the Marine Body Scrub, Relax-Smoothing, Hydralessence or Hydratant, Express hand care and Express foot care. (Allow 2 hours)
- Signature Yon-ka Experience at South William Spa, €150: The Yon-Ka Signature treatment is the perfect pampering treat to unwind, hydrate and renew that includes Full Body Brush, Full Body Massage and Luxurious Facial & Masque. (Allow 1.5 hours)
- The 30/30 at The Marker Hotel Spa, €110: A relaxing pamper day to balance all needs that includes a Customised Back Massage and a Customised Refresher Facial. (Allow 1 hour)
- Gift Cards at Thérapie Clinic, from €100: Vouchers are redeemable against beauty and massage services, as well as skincare products.
- Gift Vouchers at Davey Davey Hair Salon, from €5: Treat that special someone to a new haircut, a much-needed trim, balayage, or a blow dry. As for the gents, haircuts, styles and shaves are also available. (Call salon on (01) 607 8999)
- BMW M4 Experience at Mondello Park, €199: Drive a MINI Cooper S training car for three laps and then a 3 Litre Turbocharged BMW M4 Coupe for four laps.
- Ultimate Stunt Drive Experience at Avoca River Park, €399: Take on the slalom course, high-speed reverse, learn how to do 180 hand brake turns, have a go at a box park & try your hand at high-speed parallel parking! See the instructors demonstrate some high-speed precision manoeuvres up close! (Allow 3 hours; valid Monday-Friday only)
- Champagne & Sparkling Wines Tasting 14 February 2019 at ely CHQ, €60: The wines of Champagne need no introduction, being unquestionably the finest examples of sparkling wines to be found on the planet. (Other wine tastings and dates available)
- Craft Beer Session at Dublin Bar Academy, €69: Craft Beer is one of the hottest topics in the drinking world. Ever wondered why? Take a journey with this beer master sampling everything from local Ciders, Lagers, hoppy Ales and chocolatey Stout. You’ll finally realise what all the fuss is about! (Allow 3.5 hours)
- Premium Whiskey Tasting at Dublin Bar Academy, €79: Whether it’s whiskey or whisky, experience tasting notes from around the world with our seasoned expert Richard Linden. (Allow 2 hours)
Christmas Gift Guides:
Images © respective owners