There are less than seven days’ sleep until Christmas Day, and if you are in need of a few last-minute gifts then do read on! Sometimes you may have a loved one that’s that little bit hard to buy for, they may have everything, or they may not want very much – and that’s where experiences come in. These are the kind of gifts you can purchase online, write into a Christmas card or design a fun e-card and worry no more.
From spoiling your parents or in-laws to a fancy dinner out, to food or drink hampers for your siblings and their families. Or perhaps you are on the lookout to really treat your significant other with a day at the spa or around a circuit in a sports car, if so, I have over 20 gift experiences to help with the last-minute Christmas panic.
Dinner for Two
- Pre-Theatre Dinner for Two in The Saddle Room Restaurant at The Shelbourne Hotel, €70: The Saddle Room Restaurant offers excellent value and is served daily from 5.45pm-6.45pm. (Not available in December)
- Dinner for Two in The Saddle Room Restaurant at The Shelbourne Hotel, €100: A sumptuous three-course Table d’Hote dinner for two.
- Silver Destination Experience at Fade Street Social, €150: Dinner for two in either the À la Carte restaurant or the Gastro Bar with a bottle of wine and then enjoy an after dinner cocktail each in a reserved area in either the cocktail bar or winter garden.
- Voucher towards À la Carte Dinner or Sunday Lunch for Two at Marco Pierre White Donnybrook, from €100
- Two Course Dinner with Wine at The Woollen Mills via TheTaste, €50: Enjoy a 2 course meal for lunch or dinner from the set menu, plus 2 glasses of House Wine. (Valid January 2nd-March 31st 2018)
- Three Course Dinner with Festive Cocktails for Two at The Marker via TheTaste, €75: Indulge in a 3 course dinner including a festive cocktail for two people. (Valid until January 31st 2018)
Food & Drink Hampers
- The Irish Breakfast Hamper at Donnybrook Fair, €70: Wake up to the gift of fresh and Irish food with our specially selected Irish Breakfast Hamper. You’ll receive our own blend of Broo coffee, Irish tea and apple juice, home-made preserves, Donnybrook Fair’s Irish Granola, all beautifully presented in a hand-made wicker basket.
- The Christmas Hamper at Donnybrook Fair, €220: This Christmas, let us do the gifting by enjoying one of our classic Donnybrook Fair Christmas hampers. You’ll receive a Christmas feast, all beautifully presented in a handwoven wicker basket that includes everything you’d expect for the occasion; our wonderful D|F Christmas pudding, a selection of craft biscuits and chocolate, fine wine and lots more.
- Hamper of 4 Bottles of Wine by Sommeliers In Your Pockets via TheTaste, €89: Wine chosen by expert sommeliers, this hamper includes Magliocco Toccomagliocco 2010 L’Acino, Vitovska Carso “Vitovska” 2015 Rado Kocjancic, Mondeuse Mondeuse d’Arbin “Avalanche” 2015 Domaine Fabien Trosset and Xarel-Lo Xic Xarel-Lo 2016 Agusti Torello Mata.
- Simply Better Christmas Neven Maguire Hamper at Dunnes Stores, €70: This hamper is filled with a selection of products from the award-winning Simply Better range as well as a copy of Neven Maguire’s ‘Perfect Irish Christmas’ cookbook.
Spas and Salons
- Voya Retreat Spa Package at The Buff Day Spa, €175: Enjoy a pamper day that features a Voyager Massage Journey, VOYA Express Scrub, Glass of Bubbly and a Choice of Voya Masque or Eye Cream.
- The Buff Half Day Indulgence at The Buff Day Spa, €239: Experience pamper heaven with the Swedish Massage, Luxury Manicure, Fabulous Feet Pedicure, Spa Custom Facial and complimentary use of the Sauna & Tranquility Room. (Allow 4.5 hours)
- Secret De Douceur by Yonka Package at Fifth Avenue Beauty Emporium, €140: Take a break with the Marine Body Scrub, Relax-Smoothing, Hydralessence or Hydratant, Express hand care and Express foot care. (Allow 2 hours)
- Full Body Swedish Massage at sansanaSPA at The Royal Marine Hotel, €72: A full body relaxing and therapeutic aroma massage, relieving muscular tension and stress. (Allow 1 hour)
- Half Day Spa Package at sansanaSPA at The Royal Marine Hotel, €125.10: This package includes VOYA Mini Facial, 30-minute Back & Shoulder Massage, Jessica Manicure or Pedicure. (Allow 2 hours)
- Gift Cards at Thérapie Clinic, from €100: Vouchers are redeemable against beauty and massage services, as well as skincare products.
- Gift Vouchers at Davey Davey Hair Salon, from €5: Treat that special someone to a new haircut, a much-needed trim, balayage, or a blow dry. As for the gents, haircuts, styles and shaves are also available.
- BMW M2 Experience at Mondello Park, €169: Drive a MINI Cooper S training car for three laps and then a 3 Litre Turbocharged BMW M2 Coupe for four laps.
- Supercar Driving Experience at Nutts Corner Racing Circuit, €124: You’ll drive one car on the day from the modern fleet of supercars. Choose stunning models from Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, Aston Martin, Audi, BMW and others. The cars are stunning to experience with plenty of photo opportunities throughout!
- Bordeaux Right Bank Wine Tasting at ely CHQ, €60: The Right Bank wines exude the rich and supple fruit associated with the best expressions of Merlot. St. Emilion and Pomerol are certainly the two most famed examples, but the Right Bank of Bordeaux is also home to some of the most interesting and best value wines in Bordeaux. (Other wine tastings and dates available)
- Craft Beer Session at Dublin Bar Academy, €59: Craft Beer is one of the hottest topics in the drinking world. Ever wondered why? Take a journey with this beer master sampling everything from local Ciders, Lagers, hoppy Ales and chocolatey Stout. You’ll finally realise what all the fuss is about! (Allow 3.5 hours)
- Premium Whiskey Tasting at Dublin Bar Academy, €79: Whether it’s whiskey or whisky, experience tasting notes from around the world with our seasoned expert Richard Linden. (Allow 2 hours)
Christmas Gift Guides:
Images © respective owners