Every year Killer Fashion proudly turns pink in October, to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
This is a global awareness campaign to encourage women to get breast checks, to encourage fundraising & awareness events, to learn more about breast cancer and to help those who have been diagnosed with this cancer in any way possible. Founded by Evelyn Lauder in 1992, I’m delighted that the BCA campaign is now celebrating its 25th anniversary, and has raised over $65 million worldwide.
Here in Ireland, the Irish Cancer Society have launched another year of Pink October awareness with their new campaign Cups Against Cancer with Centra, and you can help too! Donating is very easy, just text PINK to 50300 to donate €4 to the Irish Cancer Society (some network charges may apply additionally). As you may know, I’ve lost both my mother and grandmother due to this particular cancer, and I’m very passionate about helping and furthering cure developments so fewer people lose their loved ones too soon.
Use #PinkRibbon25 and #CupsAgainstCancer to join in on the social media conversation and help out when & where possible!
This October, make your beauty purchases really count by choosing those that will benefit and donate proceeds to breast cancer awareness charities. Below are the top pink beauty tools, which are part of this year’s Breast Cancer Awareness campaign.
- Jane Iredale Magic Mitt, €22 // Available at Jane Iredale, Millie’s // 100% of the retail price is donated to Living Beyond Breast Cancer
- Bumble and bumble Thickening Spray, €30/£23 // Available at Bumble and bumble // 20% of the retail price is donated to Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- ghd Air Pink Blush Hairdryer, €129; ghd Platinum Pink Hair Styler, €215 // Available at ghd Ireland // €10 of each is donated to Irish Cancer Society
- Kevin Murphy Limited Edition Session Spray, £22 // Available at Kevin Murphy Store // Percentage of sales is donated to CoppaFeel
- Look Good Feel Better Anti Bacterial Brush Sanitiser Foam, €12 // Available at Marks & Spencer // 100% of the retail price is donated to Look Good Feel Better Ireland