Every year Killer Fashion proudly turns pink in October, to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
This is a global awareness campaign to encourage women to get breast checks, to encourage fundraising & awareness events, to learn more about breast cancer and to help those who have been diagnosed with this cancer in any way possible. Founded by Evelyn Lauder in 1992, I’m delighted that the BCA campaign is now celebrating its 25th anniversary, and has raised over $65 million worldwide.
Here in Ireland, the Irish Cancer Society have launched another year of Pink October awareness with their new campaign Cups Against Cancer with Centra, and you can help too! Donating is very easy, just text PINK to 50300 to donate €4 to the Irish Cancer Society (some network charges may apply additionally). As you may know, I’ve lost both my mother and grandmother due to this particular cancer, and I’m very passionate about helping and furthering cure developments so fewer people lose their loved ones too soon.
Use #PinkRibbon25 and #CupsAgainstCancer to join in on the social media conversation and help out when & where possible!
This October, make your beauty purchases really count by choosing those that will benefit and donate proceeds to breast cancer awareness charities. Below are the top pink products from makeup brands, which are part of this year’s Breast Cancer Awareness campaign.
- Estée Lauder Pink Ribbon Knockout Eyes Collection, €56 // Available at Brown Thomas, Debenhams // 20% of the retail price is donated to Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF)
- Bobbi Brown Pink Peony Illuminating Bronzing Powder Set, €40 // Available at Brown Thomas // $11 of each set is donated to BCRF
- Ralph Lauren Pink Pony Romance Eau de Parfum, €94.19 // Available at Ralph Lauren // 100% of the retail price is donated to Pink Pony Fund
- Studio 10 Brow Lift Perfecting Liner, €30 // Available at Marks & Spencer // one liner will be donated to Look Good Feel Better (LCFB)
- Look Good Feel Better Anti-Bacterial Brush Set, €31.49 // Available at Feelunique // Percentage of sales is donated to LCFB
- Sigma Beauty F80 Flat Kabuki Makeup Brush, $25 (€21.95) // Available at Sigma Beauty // 20% of each brush is donated to Bright Pink
- Mark. Nail Stule studio Pink Illusions Nail Enamel, €3.55 // Available at Avon // £1.50 of each is donated to CoppaFeel
- Pink Hope Iconic Lipstick Set, $10 // Available at Avon US // 20% of net profits are donated to Avon Foundation for Women
- BeautyBlender Bubble, €16.50 // Available at Roches Pharmacy // 50% of all proceeds are donated to LGFB
- Inglot Pink Lip & Nail Products, from €10 // Available at Inglot // €2 of each pink product is donated to Irish Cancer Society
- Kiehl’s Kiss the Cure Butterstick Lip Treatment Duo, $32 // Available at Kiehl’s // 100% of net profits are donated to Bright Pink