On Thursday evening I attended the first Irish Beauty Blog Awards, which took place in the plush venue of Lillie’s Bordello of Grafton Street. The awards were organised by Lisa of Beauty Results supported by a full team of sponsors including the official title sponsor TanOrganic, but also in support for the charity of the night, Breast Cancer Ireland. As many of you know, I’m always up for supporting cancer-related charities & events, because it’s a disease that hit has close to home one too many times. The venue was full of very excited bloggers from across the country and from across different blogging backgrounds, and we were greeted with Prosecco on arrival as well as a two-type chocolate fountain. Yes, a chocolate fountain, and one that came with a choice of marshmallows, cream-stuffed profiteroles, strawberries and fudge pieces. It was the most perfect and most heavenly treat for a blog awards arrival! Though the temperatures inside Lillie’s Bordello were too high (do they have air conditioning??) and the music was too loud (ok – I am getting old now..!), the atmosphere was great and the fashion around the rooms was seriously on-point! There were also stands in an adjoining room for more fashion & beauty businesses to introduce themselves to new people. I caught up with Richie Spence of Beutifi and Sineád & Saibh of the Into The West Blogger Network, which was lovely as I hadn’t seen them in a while and I’m always chatting with them online!
For the big evening I opted out of my waterfall dress for my Chicwish lace LBD & my favourite nude pumps by Kurt Geiger, more of which will be up later this week. I attended with my best friends & bloggers Filomena of Enhance What’s Yours, Lorna of Fashion Boss & Mei Ling of Darling Buds of Mei and met up with many of my lovely blogger friends including Melissa of Melise Amour & the Boutique Next Door, Sarah of The Contouring Chronicles, AJ of AJ Makeup, Jessika of Chaos Wearing Lipstick, Emma Sheehan of Mastering Your Makeup, Lainey Moore of Ruby Laine Makeup, Zoë of Zoë With Umlauts, Agata & Veronika of Style Gamblers, Zoe Behan of DayDreamerChic and Grace of Faces by Grace.
Though Killer Fashion wasn’t nominated in the awards (sad panda..), I was happy to support my nominated friends and those I admire, and am happy for those who won awards on the night. Irish celebrity bloggers Pippa O’Connor, Suzanne Jackson & Joanne Larby each won awards, and looked fabulous on the night too. Congratulations to all the award winners in the ten categories!
Many of the attendees were also gifted with goodie bags at the beginning of the evening, and my gosh were the sponsors very generous! In my bag I received the following:
- Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer sample
- Beverly Hills Formula Perfect White Black Toothpaste
- Dolce & Gabbana The One Eau de Parfum sample
- GlamGlow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment, Supermud Clearing Treatment
- GOSH Cosmetics Amazing Length’n Build Waterproof Mascara
- Green Angel Pure Indulgence Aragn Body Oil
- IsaDora Flashing Volume Instant Effect Mascara, Protect Face Primer, Nude Sensation Fluid Foundation
- John Varvatos Artisan Acqua Eau de Toilette Spray
- Nat Aura Phyto Stem Cells Cream Concentrate Eye Zone, Multi Active Day Cream
- Paese Nail Polish in #185, Pearl Eyeshadows in Luxus
- Popchips Barbeque Popped Potato Chips
- Seventeen Cheek Stamp Blush
- Sizers Sizers Multipack
- Skin Logic 24K Gold Collegen Mask
- Tan Organic Original Self-Tan, Self-Tan Application Mitt
- Vita Coco Natural Coconut Water with Pineapple
- Voya Innvigorating Seaweed Soap with Spearmint & Rosemary
- Hair clips
- Gift vouchers & discounts from Beutifi, GOSH Cosmetics, Lillie’s Bordello, Nails, Nía, Sam McCauley, Skin Logic, Spongellé, THEYA Lingerie
Images (c) Nirina Plunkett, Emma Sheen & Lorna Duffy