On Saturday afternoon I attended a special Halloween themed Dublin Bloggers Meetup, hosted & organized by the fun & fabulous Elaine of Ruby Laine Make-Up. #HallowBloggers took place in the downstairs of Costa Coffee, Dame Street, complete with Halloween decorations, cobwebs, buckets of sweets and even spooky music! The atmosphere was full of happy, excited and festive buzz. I did dress up as an angel with the wings and all, met more new bloggers and caught up with fellow blogger friends at our ‘giddy girlies table’. Read on for details of the goodie bags, raffle prizes and the event.
The goodie bags were filled to the brim with fantastic goodies from both high street and premium brands that included beauty, skincare and edible products. The edible ones are sort of my favourite type! So here are those that were in the bags for the #HallowBloggers:
- Impress Press-On Manicure in ‘Limited Edition’ – a neon Halloween special edition press-on nails, perfect for the upcoming week that I will definitely use, as no glue is needed!
- Dream Dots Dream Dots for Spots – This little product has been all over the blogosphere as it’s an anti-spot product that apparently helps get rid of unwanted spots quicker than most. As I mentioned before I don’t actually get spots but it’ll be a handy product in my bathroom cupboard for when I do.
- House of Holland by Elegant Touch Stick On Nails in ‘Neon Nibs’ – Another set of faux nails for me to try out, this time with a designer-meets-beauty brand and polka dot twist.
- Eylure London Fake Eyelashes in ‘No 140 Exaggerate’ – Again, I am not a big fake-nails/lashes/tan user, but there’s a first for everything. Although I’m a little nervous of using glue near my eyes, I’ll give this a go because those lashes look AMAZING!
- Catrice Cosmetics Infinite Shine Lip Gloss in ‘#120 Little Red Dress’ – I love a red lip, y’all know that. So I’m excited to try out Catrice’s red lip gloss as soon as possible!
- Max Factor Masterpiece Transform Mascara – I’ve always wanted to try out a Max Factor product (somehow I’ve never had one), and the wand on this mascara promises high impact and volume.
- Oriflame The One 5-in-1 Wonder Lash Mascara – I’ve never used an Oriflame product and I do love mascara a lot. This wand is similar to the Max Factor one, so I am intrigued at seeing the difference.
- Wet N Wild Spoiled Nail Colour in ‘S004 Correction Tape’ – A white nail polish is always a good idea for base coats when nail art designing. Looking forward to getting more creative!
- Wet N Wild Colour Icon Eyeshadow Palette in ‘Your 15 Minutes Aren’t Up!’ – This handy little eyeshadow palette will be great for colourful eyes on the go, with it’s indicators of which colour to use where.
- Essence Sun Club Shimmer Bronzing Powder – I do like to use bronzer every now & then, however I did notice this particular one is for “blondes and lighter skin” so…there’s me out the window.
- Sleek MakeUP Blush By 3 Blush Palette in ‘Flame #365’ – Again I’m a fan of blusher, and have always wanted a Sleek MakeUP product. But my oh my, this is one red blush palette…
- P.S. Love… Nail Polish in Cornflower Blue, Lilac, White and 3D Manicure Set with Baby Pink & Beads – I do love doing my nails, especially at the office, and these will keep me busy for the next few weeks for sure. I love pastels!
- Stylfile from Tom Pellereau Emergency File – An interesting and genius little nail file that can clip onto your keys without damaging the file, for on-the-go or last-minute fixes.
- AYU Makeup Brush – A nifty new brush for eyeshadow applications.
- Blank Canvas Cosmetics Makeup Brushes – Another set of makeup brushes that were wrapped up like a present. I can’t wait to use these as now I have six brushes by Blank Canvas.
- Cleanse Off Mitt – As many bloggers know, this innovative mitt is a huge product in the beauty blogosphere for removing makeup without cleanser and more importantly without makeup wipes.
- NeoStrata Foaming Glycolic Wash – This face wash promises to enhance skin clarity and texture, and has also been awarded Best Beauty Buys 2014 by Social & Personal, so let’s see how I get on…
- Karora CC Cream Skin Sensation – A revolutionary CC crème that’s usable for both face and body, and delivers unrivalled radiance, coverage and complexion perfection whilst adhering to your natural skin tone. I cannot wait to try this out for the Autumn/Winter season.
- Polar White PRO Fast & Easy Whitening – These whitening applicators are becoming slowly popular, as they promise gentle and effective teeth whitening that’s peroxide free with no mess, no rinsing and is fuss free. Very interesting…
- Ziaja Sensitive Skin Enzyme Peeling & Micellar Water – Another face wash that I’ll be intrigued to use, and compare to the NeoStrata one aforementioned; and also a new micellar water for me to compare to the Garnier one I’ve been using.
- Herbalife Protein Chocolate Bar with peanuts
- Haribo Horror Mix Minis
- Robert Roberts Buchu & Rooibos tea
- Propercorn Lightly Sea Salted
- Lindt & Sprügli Orange Intense Dark Chocolate
Along with that impressive amount of goodies, there were two beauty demonstrations by From Matte to Metallic, who created an amazing special effects Halloween look, and Leonie of Urban Decay, who created a Halloween-themed dark purple look, and also a talk by Karora, an Irish award-winning fake tan brand who provided us with the abovementioned CC crème. Many thanks to the beauty gurus here, I really learnt a lot watching and listening, and have definitely garnered some valuable beauty tips & tricks. There was also a raffle in aid of the Simon Communities, a non-profit organization who aim to reduce and tackle the problem of homelessness in Ireland. I won two prizes in this raffle, and what I won were:
- Me Me Me Little Angels Collection – This makeup set from boutique brand Me Me Me features the Cherub’s Blush and Cupid’s Kiss cheek & lip tints and Beat the Blues in ‘Oyster Gold’ & ‘Pearl Pink’, which are skin illuminators and complexion highlighters.
- Caroline’s Beauty Room Microdermabrasion Facial voucher – A pampering treat is on the cards with this voucher. Now, how to get to Rush…
A humongous thanks to Elaine, (or is it Ruby or Lainey!), who really put on a stellar meetup and really got me in the mood for Halloween. Halloween is one of those holidays that I feel is rather underappreciated, especially with the diabolical Christmas decorations and Christmas ‘shops’ popping up WAY TOO EARLY. So thanks Elaine, for making Halloween really real! So I’ll finish this post with links to the girls’ blogs:
Lainey Moore – Ruby Laine Makeup & Special FX
Emma Sheehan – Mastering Your Makeup
Filomena Kaguako – Enhance What’s Yours
Gail O’Connor – Gail’s Instagram Blog
Leonie – Leonie Makeup
Lisa Dee – Girl About Town
Manal Awan – So Polished Ireland
Marina Bergman – Beautiful Me Plus You
Nadine Stephens – The Parma Violet
Nickki – Limes And Stars
Sarah Ellen Reiter – The Contouring Chronicles
Sarah Scott – Beauty Blunders and Other Wonders