Hello to everyone taking part in in Sarah of At The Beauty Desk’s “Let’s Talk Blog Challenge”! So we have now reached the final week and post for this challenge. I have enjoyed the past six weeks, the themes, new blogger friends I’ve made and all the chats on Twitter. A big thanks to Sarah for organizing it, and congrats on the success of our hashtag! So this final week’s theme is to recommend a friend anything, and so Killer Fashion will recommend to all my readers & bloggers of the challenge, my top picks for beauty, fashion, music and restaurants!
Top Five: Beauty
- Yves Saint Laurent ‘Le Teint Touché Éclat’: When it comes to my skin, I’m very pernickety about what makeup I use on it. My foundation has been the best I’ve bought, as it’s a light coverage but still covers evenly and adds a touch of colour without showing off I’m wearing any foundation!
- Christian Dior ‘Addict Lip Glow’ in Rose: I mentioned this product before, and I can’t recommend it enough! It’s great for keeping your lips moisturized during hot & dry spells, and adds a little colour to enhance your natural lip color.
- Soap & Glory ‘Hand Food’ Hand Cream: I always keep a hand cream handy, and this little mini is perfect for your handbag. This cream is super silky with a lovely, floral scent that’s non-greasy and hydrating.
- Johnson’s ‘Baby Oil’: As also mentioned before, I use baby oil on my body (especially on my legs & arms) after a shower, instead of a body moisturizing cream. It leaves your skin supple, soft & moisturized, and gives a lovely sheen for nights out.
- Lancôme ‘L’Absolu Rouge’ in #150 Rouge Odyssée: Bold lipstick really makes all the difference for me, because it can transform a whole look. This red lippy is moisturizing and very strongly pigmented.
Top Five: Fashion
- ONLY ‘Olivia Regular Wax Coated’: When it comes to basic staple pieces, there’s nothing better than a good pair of black jeans! I adore these wax-coated jeans by ONLY; they’re comfortable and go with everything.
- Glitz N Pieces ‘Dazzling Diamond Necklace’: Every girl should have at least one amazing statement necklace that is either bling, classy or colourful. I adore my one from Glitz N Pieces, an Irish online boutique, which is inspired by Shorouk’s necklaces.
- Converse All Star ‘Ox Low Leather’: Cons are a staple in most people’s wardrobes, and for me I love my all-leather ones because I feel they’re more practical for Irish weather. With the original fabric ones, you’ll get wet toes come the rain, but with these leather ones, you’re all safe!
- River Island ‘Black Lace Yoke Skater Dress’: The back up dress is essential for girls come party nights. You’ve always gotta have at least one dress you can go to, if nothing else works out and this is why I recommend this River Island dress. The shape is very flattering, and black can always be styled easily with any colour from red & gold to yellow & green!
- ALDO ‘Wynonah’ Wedge Sandals: Sandals are perfect for summer, especially when on holidays or at the weekends at home. Find a pair you love, that you can walk in and that won’t necessarily break the bank! I love these ALDO wedges, which I might buy later this week!
When it comes to summer music, there are a couple of albums I always have to listen to, but also a couple of new ones to add to the mix. These are my top five for Summer 2014, which have also been featured in the summer playlist in Week 2.
- Solange “True” EP
- Miley Cyrus “Bangerz”
- The Saturdays “Living For The Weekend”
- Pharrell “G I R L”
- Rihanna “Unapologetic” and “Talk That Talk”
I love food, (as my Instagram followers know!), and sharing with you my favourite restaurants excites me! If you do visit any of them after reading my post and being inspired, please do let me know what you think!
- Opium, 26 Wexford Street: Pan-Asian fusion cuisine. Best Dishes: Gyoza, Beef Salad, BBQ Baby Back Ribs; Best Dessert: Chocolate Brownie & Peanut Butter Cream Pie; Best Cocktail: Bountiful
- Hartley’s, 1 Harbour Road, Dun Laoghaire: European cuisine. Best Dishes: Char-Grilled Burger w/Brie & Caramelized Onion, Beer-Battered Fish & Chips; Best Dessert: Hot Chocolate Fudge Sundae
- The Counter, Pembroke District, Dundrum Town Centre/20 Suffolk Street: American Burger cuisine. Best Dishes: Sweet Potato Fries (Make your own burger, so it depends on personal preference)
- Yamamori Noodles, 71/72 South Great Georges Street: Japanese cuisine. Best Dishes: Shojin Salad, Norimaki, Gyoza. Best Drink: Plum Wine
One thought on “Let’s Talk Blog Challenge #6 – Recommend to a Friend”
I love cons too Nirina. I learned my lesson the hard way in that crazy rain this evening. Feet were completly soaked through. Fear not though! they have since been washed and are all clean now. LOVE those wedges from Aldo!!! FAB!