Hello to everyone taking part in Sarah of At The Beauty Desk’s “Let’s Talk Blog Challenge”! Week One was really great fun; lots of new bloggers and lots of chat happened on Twitter, so let’s continue that! It seems my little Munchie and my M&M’s were quite a big hit, but let’s talk a bit of fashion with Week Two’s theme!
With May marking the first month of summer, and Ireland actually getting some lovely sun, this theme is too perfect for this week’s challenge. My summer essentials include my favourite picks from my beauty drawer, and also what I highly recommend for the holidays and the Irish summer.
- Garnier Ambre Solaire Shimmering Sun Protection Lotion SPF 20: Being a tanned girl, I don’t have to wear too high an SPF factor, however I will still wear one because my skin is very important to me. This Garnier lotion has a lovely shimmer to it, so it’s perfect for day & night. Always apply SPF lotion if going into hot sun, especially after you’ve been swimming.
- Christian Dior ‘Addict Lip Glow’ in Rose: As previously mentioned, this lip balm is great for keeping your lips moisturized during dry spells. With its creamy formula and smoothing texture, this is a color reviver balm that enhances my natural lip color. This means I can just wear the balm and have pink lips without extra products. Less is always more!
- Day Dresses & Playsuits: Day dresses are absolutely essential for summer, especially because they’re great for going from day to night. They’re perfect for cocktails with the girls, date nights, summer nights at the beach and any party. I’m loving high street store, Lipsy, and its boutique brandsfor their colourful prints and flirty pieces.
- Colourful Skinny Jeans: I love jeans, though it can be hard to find a good pair for a curvy girl like me. For summer it’s great to ditch the black & grey ones for a pair of classic blue jeans, or even pastel coloured ones. Bershka, ONLY and Oasis have a great range of jeans at really affordable prices.
- Summer Sandals: Every gal loves her sandals for summer time, and I love them as much too. Now, I really can’t fathom the toe-wedge sandals, but thankfully there are so many over-the-toe strap sandals and especially heeled sandals. You can find a great range on ASOS; I adore these embellished sandals from Dune, as featured in my May Wishlist, and also these colourful ones by Steve Madden & ASOS.
Killer Fashion’s Summer Playlist
I’m a huge music lover so these singles & albums are on my summer playlist. Listen to them and let me know if you love em too!
13 thoughts on “Let’s Talk Blog Challenge #2 – Summer Essentials”
Pingback: Let’s Talk Blog Challenge #6 – Recommend to a Friend | Killer Fashion
Oh that dior lip glow looks fab! love the dune sandels too 🙂
thanks! I hope it inspires you! 🙂 xx
I may have looked up a few floral playsuits to buy, thanks to your post 🙂 They’re just so pretty, topped off with killer heels and marc jacobs perfume, what’s not to love. Cracking summer songs and love Janelle Monae too 😉 xx
Hehe i’m very glad i’m so good at inspiring a good buy! Yeah the combination really is perfect for summer! Glad you like the music choices too xx
Need to listen to that Janele Monae album it looks so good! Lovely post! 🙂
It is really funkalicious! Thanks for stopping by! xx
Those Dune sandals :O Another week, and another thing you are making me want to buy haha! You’ll have me broke by the end of the 6 weeks.
Love the way you put your playlist together! It looks really good 😀
Aw Stephanie, hehe i’m so glad i’m good at tempting you! Defo let me know if you do actually buy anything, I’m tempted to buy the Steve Madden ones ha!
Aw thanks, it’s some of my absolutely fav music right now! xx
That dress with the peter-pan colour is gorgeous! Dresses are a must-have for me in Summer too, so floaty and cool! xxx
Aisling | rosysmiles.blogspot.co.uk
Agreed! Summer dresses are just perfect for day and night. Very glad you like the dress choice, maybe you’ll even but it 😉 xx
I loooove colourful skinny jeans! Will definitely be getting some for this summer! 😀
I have to say playsuits are really growing on me! I didn’t like them at first but some people are great at styling them 🙂
Great post! 😀
Thanks a mill Aishling! 🙂 I’m glad you like the post, yes colourful skinny jeans are definitely a must! They’ll instantly brighten up your outfit, and playsuits are a great addition to the wardrobe for sure! xx