Rihanna and River Island are back again, and this time it’s the Winter Collection, which has been dubbed as the Rihanna For River Island Ultimate Collection. Bang on trend with some of the biggest trends of the season, the two fashion powerhouses flaunt more two-pieces, more tartan, more black dresses and sexier feminine looks. “We’re trying to incorporate floral and metallic to make it a little more elegant. This [varsity jacket] is my favourite jacket, it’s so New York!” Rihanna said of this collection. The final of the four collections, this will bein River Island stores and online come November 7th, with Pre-order from Halloween October 31st.
Pour it up, Pour it up! Killer Fashion gives you the scoop on River Island’s latest update. The final and maybe most fierce collection of them all boasts leather pieces influenced by the rock & roll scene that Rihanna is fond of, red tartan that has been all over the punk trend on the runways as well as the big coat trend, crop tops and shorts, shiny gold, vintage floral print and the LBD that stands for the Long Black Dress. The whole collection does actually vibe off a fashion flashback to the grunge era in the early 1990s. Me likey! Rihanna even modeled some of the collection while in Greece. Read on for my favourite picks of the final line.
- Leather Bralet – a sexy update to the black bralet, this leather version is very Alexander Wang, another of Rihanna’s beloveds.
- Varsity Jacket – a fashion forward version of the black & white varsity jacket, this one features faux fur on the outer sleeves with an oversized fit. A favourite of Rihanna’s, channel your inner New Yorker in this jacket.
- Vintage Floral Printed Shirt-Dress – is it a shirt or a dress? Whatever it is, it’s gorgeous! The small scoop neckline, long sleeves and the autumn colours are features of this shirt-dress, along with the vintage-like floral print. Perfect for drinks with the girls, teamed with simple black heels.
- Vintage Floral Printed Crop & Trousers – The Rihanna For River Island collection always promises two-piece sets. And this high neck crop top & loose trousers set is perfect, with its relaxed fit and feminine cut. The crop top is also available in plain black or red tartan.
- Gold Tuxedo Jacket– I love a long blazer, and this lamé blazer is a really perfect fit for winter. Its black lapels are a good contrast against the gold. This blazer is also available in plain black.
- Tartan Peacoat – another hit with the A/W13 trend, this tartan peacoat is a gorgeous number you should have in your wardrobe this season.
- Snood LBD – this dress is taking a step right onto the fierce carpet, stunning from head to toe. Literally. This ribbed knit and snood-accented long black dress is pushing all boundaries. Wear with the snood over your head or as an extra-thick turtleneck dress, either way stay classy in this full length LBD. Accessorize with vibrant statement jewellery or gold chains.
- Faux Fur Cossack – a take on the Eastern winter wear, this fully faux fur hat that will keep your head warm for all the wintry weathers we (will) have in Ireland. Definitely to be worn with your hair down. It’s available in either black or white.
- Bugle Beaded LBD – another LBD, this one features sequin & bead detail on the stomach area, stopping along the hips, and also features sheer long sleeves and a wide scoop neckline. Glitzy and still winter-wearable, team with metallic or brightly coloured accents & accessories.