On Saturday Caoimhe and I were happy to attend the Dublin Bloggers Meetup, hosted & organized by Samantha Johnston of blog All The Buzz. Samantha did a fantastic job! It took place in The Church Bar, Jervis St. in Dublin and we had a little area all for ourselves. Upon arrival and getting to meet the love Samantha, goodie bags were in order. And my, what fabulous goodies they are! There were also cupcakes, finger food, a raffle for charity, a make up demonstration and an inspirational talk. Getting to meet all the other Irish blogger girls was icing on the cake. Such lovely individuals in our fair city and country! Read on for details of the goodie bags, reviews to come soon on products!
- Paul of The Cosmetic Outlet was super kind to have sponsored the event with a make up goodie bag. Inclusive were Models Co. Fluid Splash 3 in 1 Foundation, GOSH Trio Eyeshadow, GOSH Velvet Touch Waterproof Eye Liner and L’Oréal Paris Telescopic Explosion Mascara.
- Derma V10 also donated a lovely selection of goodies. Skincare, pampering and make up were in this goodie bag. Inclusive were Q10 Innovations Rejuvenating Moisturizing Cream, Deep Cleansing Nose Strips, SolKiss Fake Tan Wipes, Aloe Vera Lip Care and Volume & Length Mascara.
- Nimue Skin Technology provided us with some really lush products, and skincare products are always a favourite of mine so I was ecstatic! Included were Active Hand Repair Lotion, Rejuvenating Mask, Hydro Lip Therapy as well as a cute long white leather make up bag, perfect to double up as a clutch.
- Neal’s Yard Remedies also sampled us with lovely skincare products and mini samples. Included were Aromatic Body Butter and White Tea Enriching Facial Mask. As well as product samples, there was an information packet with leaflets and a catalog.
- Other goodies that were given included Baby Browne Self Tanning Lotion for Face & Body, Yes To Cucumber Soothing Daily Gentle Cleanser, Anatomicals Deep Cleansing Mudmask, Matarrania Organic Eye Contour, Dove Fresh Touch Beauty Cream Bar, Oriflame Optimals Oxygen Boost™ Day Shield with SPF 30 and even Kérastase Reflection Chroma Reflect Shampoo donated by Peter Mark Style Club.
Thank you kindly to all the sponsors for the event, the goodie bags are going down so well with me, and I know the other blogger gals also loved theirs. Monaco Cupcakes also provided us with some tasty and cute cupcakes, including ones labeled All The Buzz! Check their website for cupcake orders for your own events and parties, they’re both pretty & scrumptious.
The beautiful and über talented make up artist Niamh Martin of Nima Brush was also in attendance. She gave us a demonstration using her own brushes as well as her creation to make up removal. Niamh used her Nima Mitt to first remove the make up from the model’s face, explaining that the microfibers of this make up removal mitt are what makes it an eco-friendly product. The mitt helps remove make up, oil, excess residue and grime without causing any irritation to the skin. You won’t need to use cleansers or soap and it leaves the skin soft & clean, and is suitable for all skin types. Niamh also used a variety of her make up brushes, mainly from The Elite Collection but also from The Sunshine Collection. A big thanks to Niamh for her demonstration, and also for her complimentary Contour Kabuki (Taklon) Nima Brush! I have never had a softer brush in my possession!
Michelle McMahon of Her.ie also gave a talk at the Meetup. Her talk, to me, was so very inspirational. She spoke about where she started and how she came to the position she is in now with the huge success of Her.ie. What was most interesting to me was that Michelle comes from a Media degree background, just like me, and has achieved so much at this young age! That’s what is so inspirational for me about her and her career. Michelle went on to speak about her experiences before Her.ie, as well as tips of how to run a successful blog and how to traffic to your advantage, and also the right tools for promoting your blog. Personally I want to thank her for her encouragement and influential words.
The event also raised money for Reach Out Ireland, a charity who offer advice and support to young people suffer from mental health issues. A very important matter for us young ones in school, college and generally in life. The raffle prizes were all fabulous, and would you believe, Caoimhe & I both won a prize each! I couldn’t believe our luck, such good karma. “What goes around comes around!” My ‘girls night in’ hamper is such a lovely one, and it included a signed copy of Strings Attached by Mandy Baggot, Purederm Skin Soothing Moisture Masks, Eclipz Argan Oil Hair Treatment, Premiere Pink Glittered Candles, Sleep-In Rollers Gift Set as well as a small bottle of white wine & Maltesers! What an amazing hamper, all that came in a beautiful butterfly-printed round box. Thank you so much to Roisin for coming on the day and repping this great charity, and for calling out my number!
Finally a big thank you to photographer-on-the-day, David McAuley, for the photographs and of course to Samantha & All The Buzz for organizing the whole event! I had such an amazing time, Caoimhe & I really enjoyed everything and I look forward to the next one. Reviews of the products from the goodie bags will be published in the next few weeks, as I begin to use everything. xx