River Island just announced the brand new autumn collaboration collection with Riri. This newest Rihanna For River Island collection boasts tartan, camouflage and mesh looks, as well as underwear and beanie hats. There are also new boots and shoes in the line up, as well as hoodied crop tops and leather pants. “I literally designed everything I want to wear. I’m giving this a New York street vibe,” she said of this collection. This will only be in River Island stores and online come September 12th.
Phresh off the runway and onto Killer Fashion, I give you the scoop on this upcoming and also the highly anticipated collection by Rihanna & River Island. There are some basketball-style influences within as well as pieces that read ‘G4Life’ and ‘Riri’, influenced by Rihanna’s amazingly raw 2009 album, Rated R, and its track G4L (Gangsta For Life). Personally I love this connection! Read on for the details of the preview.
- Cropped Hoodie – a cute cropped hoodie with mesh full sleeves and a ghetto-like vibe to it.
- G4Life Jumper – this sweatshirt is also a cropped cut, with the text ‘G4LIFE’ across the body and stitch detailing on the sleeves. Perfect with jeans and sneakers. This jumper is also available in dark red.
- Heeled Boots – no collection is complete without boots, and these simple lace-up heeled boots are perfect. With a cushioned leather cuff and the Rihanna R logo, these heeled boots will take you far. Also available in tan.
- Cropped Mesh Tee – a wide sleeved cropped tshirt with black line details on the sleeve cuffs, this mesh top is available in camouflage and black.
- Dark Red Leather Trousers – this limited edition piece has a waistband rather than a button fastener, perfect for extra comfort. They are pricy, but their relaxed fit and leather material will benefit the long autumn days ahead, and can be easily worn with tshirts and blouses alike.
- Leather Bralet – bralets have been all over the runways and celebrities as of late, so this Rihver Island piece will have you high-street lovers very happy. There is ample length on the body of the bralet, and they’re available in camouflage and black.
- Leather X Mesh Jumper – another limited edition piece, this jumper brings both leather and mesh into the same garment, with the sleeves being simple jersey. A very comfy piece for one’s wardrobe, available in black and dark red.
- Mono Print Dress – my favourite Rihver Island piece as of yet! This wicked white & black printed dress has an amazing striped and animal print, is long-sleeved and midi in length. Perfect for date nights and cocktail nights with the girls! This print is also available as leggings.
- Oversized G4Life Tee – an oversized tshirt that bears the ‘G4LIFE’ text. Its black & white block stripes design and light mesh material make for a great top without being too heavy. Easily worn with jeggings, leggings or solo with heeled boots or sneakers.
2 thoughts on “EXCLUSIVE! Rihanna For River Island: Autumn Collection”
Pingback: Killer Fashion Magazine (September 2013) | Nirina Plunkett
Pingback: Killer Fashion Magazine! | Killer-Fashion