The new ad campaign for H&M’s summer swimwear collection is fronted by the Queen Bee herself, Beyoncé Knowles, stylized as ‘Beyoncé as Mrs. Carter in H&M’. The collection sports bright colours, patterns and prints, which are all very fashion forward and summer friendly. Beyoncé shows off the collection with sexy big hair, bangles and the summer flower-in-hair. The collection is now available in store and online.
Watch the full television advertisement here, (featuring “Standing On The Sun”, a new song by Beyoncé)
Beyoncé seems to be taking over the world, and this fashion collaboration is just another step in the right direction. With her tour, The Mrs. Carter Show, already taking cities by storm, this fashion collection shows off Beyoncé’s ever-growing fashion skills, as well as her sexy curves and striking facial features. “I’ve always liked H&M’s focus on fun and affordable fashion. I really loved the concept we collaborated on to explore the different emotions of women represented by the four elements – fire, water, earth and wind. It was a beautiful shoot [in the Bahamas],” says Beyoncé. What’s more, this collection is part of the H&M for Water collection, where 25% of sales will be donated to H&M for WaterAid, an international charity that enables the world’s poorest people to gain access to safe water, sanitation and improved hygiene. The collection ranges between €2.99-€39.99, which is extremely reasonable for a celebrity-named collection. Here are my favourite pieces from the collection:
- Zigzag Textured Bikini – this bright yellow bikini set features a zigzag hole pattern overall, with detachable ties at the neck and decorative metal pendants at the ends. It’s a very comfortable fit, with padded cups for extra support. Bikini set is also available in white.
- Embellished Halter Bikini – the perfect white bikini with beach bling. This bandeau bikini features a bead and gem embellished halter neck feature, stemming from the middle all the way up, with spaghetti ties finished with turquoise beads. It’s a real showstopper, perfect for darker skin tones, but just as good on milky tones. The matching briefs feature side embellishment. Bikini set is also available in maroon.
- Decorative Bandeau Bikini – tie-dye being used to its fullest, this bikini is part of the tie-dye selection of the Beyoncé: Mrs. Carter in H&M collection. The bandeau bikini features silver decorative pieces at the front and beads on all the ends. A matching bikini brief in a simple style is also available. The tie-dye selection also features a triangle bikini with fringe and a peplum falling bikini, as well as a scarf and a sarong.
- Dress with Beaded Embroidery – a fashionable summer LBD, this dress featured beaded embroidery on the straps, and is of a textured jersey material. Its deep-v keyhole at the front adds to the summer sexy feel of this collection, and is finished with an open back and short cut. Can be teamed with sandals or wedges for the perfect look.
- Landscape Print Dress – this number is a perfect summer dress, for the beach, the city and the garden party. Its glossy textured jersey material adds to the softness, and the landscape photograph print creates that holiday feeling we lust for. The deep cut out armholes and cut open back are great features too. Wear with decorative sandals or wedges, with a sheer shirt in the evening.
- Black & White Maxi Dress – it is what it says on the tin; a black & white patterned maxi dress, featuring a v-cut keyhole detail on the chest and a front splits at each side. The print gives off an African vibe, and can easily be teamed with sandals, your favourite bikini and hair accessories. Beach perfect.
- Shorts with Beaded Embroidery – these chiffon shorts are a must for your summer wardrobe. The beaded embroidery adds class to the short shorts, in a diamond-shaped pattern in nude & charcoal. What I love about shorts like these, is the ability to easily team it with sheer, flowing shirts in a variety of colours, and either sandals or wedges. Perfection itself!
- Cropped Bralet Top – this bralet top features a geometric palm-like graphic print, with an exposed full middle zip and spaghetti straps. Crop tops are right on trend at the moment; therefore H&M are in the right mindset with this top. I can see it being a bestseller this summer season. Denim shorts or a simple maxi skirt will work wonderfully.
- Cropped Embellished Bralet – this bralet is very feminine, with its white and pale blue hues, and the overall embellished detailing. It has a faint leopard print effect with spaghetti straps, and the embellishments are of bronze rounded studs and white & blue jewelled stones. Matching shorts are also available.